Monday, October 25, 2010

BELOVED FRIEND

BELOVED FRIEND

I wonder what are we still doing.
Or where we keep on going
With these partial approaches,
But I hope we may treat this with less reproaches.
In this friendship I will keep on recording.
 
Some called us friends, are we not?
With this sense of mutual understanding we’ve got?
Haven’t you stood by me when
To play dirty tricks or you have said I may be caught.
Having this friendship in mind I write this note.
 
I have often forgotten you off my mind in dream
A kind of reflection that is grim.
Having this rhetoric: getting you back I shall wean
Your heart and if we remain bonded we’ll still keep
Our friendship, intact like David’s sheep.
 
Close to you, I think I have remained,
Hating you I thought I had restrained,
All in the name of preserving this thing cemented,
But have you ever wondered if we’re still protected.
If that is so, lets wear the cap of liberty we’ll be destined.
 
To you the one I call a friend, I’m stuck,
Nothing may succeed in destroying or destruct,
Our mission to be bound together, a push to construct
A relationship that will never get struck
Even by slanders, misunderstandings or distrust.
 
I wonder if this creates shades of meaning.
I intend for all us, keeping
This kind of a Game in shape-making
The record for the greatest friendship still surviving.
Have this in mind; I will wait for this destiny.
 
                                                                                                By Tatenda Mhlanga   
 

No comments: