Friday, March 25, 2011

DINNER


DINNER WITH THE DEVIL

Covered in the veil of evil,
Cursed to dine with the devil,
Was Yours truly, who wore a sullen face,
Starring in dismay with a relentless pace
Especially where the Devil himself sat.
Across me our eyes inevitably met,
His reddish teeth at me grinning,
My body sweltering as my head was sent spinning
With fear, examining his laced gown of black,
Jumbled up in tatters like a scarecrow, a bald head
A wrinkled ugly face and long nailed fingers.
Apart from him was a dish of unappetizing food
Warm salad, burnt rice, raw meat with no soup
In addition to the smelly thick red wine-
That sent my head aside
I could not withstand it, instead I spat
At it but him smiling, continued to eat
Enjoying himself while I was not
He never cared I was not
Only his scornful grin as my bile rose above limits
I had to vomit in response
Wishing had I refused the invitation, my appearance
I would have eluded this excruciating experience
When I was cursed to dine with the devil
Veiled by darkness of evil.  


1 comment:

Tatenda William said...

can we link up mr Pranavam Ravikumar a.k.a. Kochuravi