Friday, April 15, 2011

Broken Pot


THE INNOCENCE OF THE METAL BIRD


I heard a monotonous din in the air
Where my gleaming eyes starred
In its direction, in motion.
I never took heed of any precaution
What do you expect, I enjoyed the experience
Of a life time. But…
By the moment, the din fade away
I felt my head loosened up.
Whaaa-at... my po...oo
Into the parallel streams I dived
Screaming as it were…my po…oo
Uncle Jacob found me drowning,
Rescued me and brought me where?
Home-mama...aa!
Who to my surprise appeared unmoved?
She only raised her concerns,
Remember, it was her only pot,
She became weak-her only pot
Done to pieces by the poor girl,
An ignorant teenager, old enough…
Only succumbing to the poverty snare
Where the new world remained a nightmare.
The metal bird varnished with our pot
I suspected…hesitantly.
 

No comments: